Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Paper Pumpkins




This weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving and I thought I would decortae my dinner table with a few of these super cute paper pumpkins. I made these with 8 strips of 1" X 6" designer paper and used the 1/8" hand held circle punch to punch a hole at each end of the paper strips. I stacked the 8 strips together and insert a silver brad then fanned the strips in a circle and one by one insert each strip onto another brad to secure. After I had my paper balls made I noticed Dawn had made leaves and vines to add to the pumpkins so I did the same. To make the leaves I simply took a scrap piece of green cardstock and folded it in half and cut out a half of a leaf and put it through the paper crimper (while folded) and attached with a glue dot. The curly vine was formed by taking a thin strip of paper and wrapping it around a pencil and attaching with a glue dot as well. You can then pull the vine a bit to stretch it out.
I noticed in stores the over priced paper crackers for Fall (just like the ones at Christmas) and thought I would make some of the sour cream treat containers and place one at every place setting as well. I though it would be fun to fill them with a treat and some of the theme shaped confetti you can find at the dollar store.
If you saw A Morning (London TV Station) Heather was demonstrating these cute little containers (along with some other great ideas from Stampin' Up!). Heather you were amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if she is invited back for a Christmas themed project.
I will try to post a picture of my harvest table this weekend. Have a great day and Thanks for droping by to see what I have been up to.
By the way, I am working on adding the "comment" option to my blog but haven't figured it out yet but when I do please feel free to leave me a comment. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment