Sunday, March 8, 2009

Under the Stars with Bella

I am embarassed to say that this is the first time I have used "Under the Stars". The first time I saw this set it was love at first sight and it was not on a wish list...it was on my need it now order.
Todays card came about because my 14 year old son asked me if we could go shopping for a gift for Hilary. I of coarse offered to make a birthday card for him to give to her. I was offering suggestions and his only request was Hilary likes red and he wanted a funny card.
I know the bear is not funny in this card but he sure is cute and of coarse I would use Bella Rose DP becasue of the red and I could softened the look with the pink pirouette and of coarse add chocolate chip to give it the masculine/outdoor feel.
I also paper pieced the balloons and gift and popped them out with dimensinals. To add texture to the card I tied a pink pirouette knot using the 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon and added crystal effects to the balloons.
I was pleased with the card but more important it brought a grin to Justin's face and that was all that mattered...Justin approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment