Tuesday, August 4, 2009

For a Special 15 Year Old

Our son turned 15 yesterday. I can not believe how fast the years have gone by, it doesn't seem possible.
Since I don't have the stamp set Exteme Guitar #115328 page 80 I thought I would make him a card I learned from Heather Summers Simply Punches 3. Justin loves music. Justin is a drummer and a good one at that and has been learning the guitar as well. This summer he is taking vocal lessons as well. We have a Rock Star in the making!
Now you are probably wondering how music and a robot came about right?! Justin likes all genres of music and yes even metal so I thought a heavy metal robot would be perfect.
This card has no stamping, just punches. The sentiments were typed up on the computer and punched out using the new modern label #116630 $22.95 and the word window punch # 105090 $22.95.
One thing I learned about using small shapes and a new craft white ink pad was to use a sponge for edging rather than dragging the cardstock through the ink pad ...it gets a bit messy.

1 comment:

  1. Dale, this card is ADORABLE!!! My 15 year old son is in to the heavy metal music too and plays bass guitar. I am constantly monitoring the "fine line"! ... I'm certain you know what I mean by that!

    ReplyDelete