Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cards For A Cure

What does Animal Crackers and Cole have in common?
It is a lenghty story but well worth the read.
You can make a difference.



I have the priviledge to participate in a fabulous cause - Cards For A Cure and YOU can too.

The proceeds from this fundraising event will go to Pediatric Cancer Research.

I am a member of the "Simply Stars" team head by our energetic, ambitious, extremely talented, and compassionate Heather Summers.

I could not say this any better than Heather so I am lifting it completely from her blog.

A Very Special Boy and a Very Special Fundraiser
"(This is a bit of a mushy post) Stampin' Up! has done so many wonderful things for me and my family over the past five years. It is an absolutely amazing company to work with, that carries beautiful product but more importantly has such caring people associated with it. I wrote to Stampin' Up! explaining that I am going to be hosting a fundrasier for Pediatric Cancer and would they be willing to support my venture with a small donation. Well, to my surpise I received a box today with hundreds of dollars of product to raffle off at our next event! How amazing is that???

Part of why I love Stampin' Up! is because it enables me to work with a group of friends in my team to raise money for so many wonderful causes. This one is particularly close to my heart.
About three years ago, I heard about an amazing little boy named Cole Petrie. He was a JK student at a local school and had been diagnosed with Stage IV Neuroblastoma in September of 2005 (4 days before he was to start school!) He was presented with a nerf football sized tumour near his right adrenal gland that had metastasized to his bone marrow being 98% packed with cancer. Cole has endured many tests, procedures and treatments in the over two years since as well as being hospitalized 170 nights in the first 1-½ years due to treatments, complications and infections. He has also been in the outpatient clinic for appointments, bloodwork, tests and transfusions about 120 times so far.

Currently, Cole is at home and they are blessed with Cole’s good health while cautiously optimistic about his future. Unfortunately, a very high number of Stage IV Neuroblastoma patients relapse within 1-2 years and at this point in time that is considered having virtually no cure. Cole continues to be the sweetest, most loving boy yet with a spunky determined nature and a beautiful smile that can light up a room."

With the help of my downline (Simply Stars), friends and family my next fundraiser event will be for Pediatric Cancer. I would like to make a difference not only for Cole, but also all the boys and girls that teach us about strength, reality and perspective.

If you would like to learn more about Cole, please visit his site
HERE.

Here are the details for the fundraiser:

Cards for a Cure
We hope you can join us for an evening of fun and stamping! All proceeds will be donated to Pediatric Cancer. Cole and his family will help with dispersing the funds to areas of need.


Friday, Feb. 27 6:00 – 9:00 pm
At King’s University College
Cost: $40
Included in the cost are 7 Projects AND a stamp set!!!
PLUS cookies and coffee and LOTS of door prizes!


Format – come when it’s convenient for you! Find your seat and stay there to make 7 projects using the brand new stamp set Animal Crackers! Enjoy beverages and snacks at your leisure. If you can’t join us on February 27th, you are welcome to purchase a kit for $40 which will include all the instructions to make the projects, the necessary supplies and the stamp set!

There will be LOTS of door prizes!!!!
We will be raffling off some great stamping prizes as well. Tickets are 1 ticket/$1 OR 7 tickets/$5 OR 15 tickets/$10 dollars.


There will also be a 50/50 draw…..50% to donation and 50% to the lucky winner in their choice of Stampin’ Up! product!
Please bring with you your own scissors and adhesive, if possible. This is a great event to learn how to stamp, so if this is your first time, come on out, have some fun and learn something new!

The stamp set we will be using is "Aniaml Crackers" and you will get to take home...SO CUTE!


I am so excited about this fundraiser. I am a Life Donor with Canadian Blood Services and have given blood 55 times and still counting. I would like to challenge you to give a child HOPE by supporting this fabulous cause in three ways:

1) plan on joining me along with Simply Stars to attend the Cards for a Cure Fundraiser and if you cannot attend, kits are available to purchase (Canadians Only).

2) make an appointment with your local blood donor clinic and give blood - the gift of life

3) I am on the Bone Marrow Registery and I challenge you to do the same. To learn more about becoming a bone marrow donor click here.

Thank You so much for your support, we look forward to a fun and successful event! Plese contact me if you have any questions or are interested in attending (space is limited)

Dale Livingston
dale.livingston@sympatico.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment