Friday, January 30, 2009

Simple Birthday

I saw a similar version of this Birthday card on Becky Roberts blog and thought it was so sweet. My daughter has a birthday party to go to tomorrow so we made the card and gift box in Haleys' favourite colours Pacific Point Blue and Kiwi Kiss Green. I had stamped the image "Simple Birthday Thanks" on the heavy cardboard from designer paper packages and cut it out. I also paper pieced it using the Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point card stock. The bottom of the cupcake was run through the paper krimper to give the look of a paper cup liner. I used the heat and stick powder for the very first time and I have to say I love it. It makes the cosmic glitter stay on so nicely.
We are giving Haley gift cards from Claire's and the movie theater becasue every13 year old has their own personal style and then they can pick a night and go to a show with a friend afterall this is a lot more fun than texting, right!? The gifter cards will fit perfectly inside this oragami box which I got off of Spiltcoast Stampers.
I hope you like it. Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment