Monday, May 4, 2009

Travel Journals & Scrapbooking





I have a bad habit of buying stuff and then not using it; not because I don't like it but because I want to save it...just in case they decide not to make it more.
Since becoming a demonstrator I have learned to use the product.
As you can see, I am using up retired DSP from Stampin' Up!
Hey! You know, just becasue Canada no longer has this beautiful DSP anymore, doesn't mean it is not "in" somewhere else so it's ok. Right?
I thought it would be nice to make up a travel journal for Justin & Nicole. Not just becasue they will be missing school but becasue they will have a daily journal of everything they did so when they scrapbook their photos the information will be in one place and at their finger tips.
I am making one for muself too and this way we will all have our own ideas and thoughts of our family vacation.
Recipe:
Composition Book (found at the dollar store)
1 sheet 12" X 12" DSP cut in two 6" X 10"
Card stock 4" X 10" do not score, just mold it on to the spine of the book to shape and then add adhesive and stick on.
Becasue the composition books can be off in measurements, I have cut the paper to be a bit larger. You can trim it after adhereing and using your sanding block in a downward motion to make it flush. Decorate as desired.
Stamps: Headline Alphabet, Define Your Life, Defining Alphabet
Ink: to co-ordinate with DSP
I also decorated a "R.S.V.P." pen (found at Staples) by rolling a piece of co-ordinating DSP around the barrel of the ink refill and inserting.

No comments:

Post a Comment